Thursday 13 - Back to Work

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Thursday, May 01, 2008 At 11:05 AM |


I'm back! And, I'd like to share my experiences on going back to work...

  1. I drink more water, not tea, not coffee, because everyday, on my desk, there is a huge glass of water, well served.
  2. I know that actually mu hubby does worry about me. He calls everyday to check out when I'll be back at home. The working hours end at 06.30 PM and it's ark already at 06.00, with the traffic jam, I'd reach home only at 07.00 (or 5-10 to 7), it varies.
  3. My babyhana misses me so much. Once, she walked on her sleep, calling my name...I feel like crying when hubby told me this.
  4. I can bring lunch to office. Thank God! That way, I don't have to spend 10% of my salary only for lunch and spend it on other more important things--like going out with my daughter.
  5. Once, I wore a baby-doll kinda blouse and a nice lady on the bus offered me her seat because she thought I was pregnant. Oh, Ma'am, I'm chubby, that's all, not pregnant. But, thanks anyway for your kindness. And, of course, I didn't take the seat.
  6. On the second day, I joined my colleagues to visit another colleagues who has just given birth to a lovely baby. Oh...every time I see babies, I feel like having one...
  7. On the second day, I got totally wet. It was heavily raining and I had to go home anyway.
  8. I eat more for dinner. Normally, I don't. But, since I worked, I ate A LOT! Yeah, forget the diet!
  9. The people in the office are nice. I love nice people!
  10. Yesterday, there was a party at the office. It was cool! We even got goody bags. I gave it to my daughter and she was so happy about it.
  11. I put my daughter's pic on the desktop. And, that makes me miss her even more!
  12. I haven't got a phone line. Well, my job doesn't require me to make lots of phone calls, so, be it.
  13. I pray everyday that things will be just fine. Would you pray for me too? :D Thanks!

Labels: , ,

for this post

 
Blogger Tina@ SendChocolateNow Says:

it must be hard to be back to work, but liberating, too. Do you pack good lunches?

My TT is up, too.

 
 
Blogger Robin Says:

I counsel a lot of mothers who are preparing to return to work. I always reassure them that it does get easier as soon as you get into a routine. You will all adjust and find a new equilibrium soon.

((hug))

 
 
Blogger Slender Octopus Says:

Great TT!!! I resigned from my work when my first was born. I now have a 7 week old as well.

 
 
Blogger Cindy Says:

I will pray for you. :)

It sounds like you're doing well with the adjustment.

 
 
Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried Says:

I have a lot of admiration for you moms who go back to work. Heck, my husband struggles with it and the jealousy he often feels at hearing of our daily adventures.

Robin is right: missing your daughter won't be such an issue once you hit your groove.

 
 
Blogger She Became a Butterfly Says:

i'll pray.

she
http://www.shebecameabutterfly.net

 
 
Blogger Denise Patrick Says:

It is very hard to go back to work when you have small ones. Good luck!

Happy TT!

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

You'll soon get the routine. I hope you find the work-home balance that you need.

 
 
Blogger Heather Says:

I just quit to come home after 6 months back in the workplace. It IS hard and I will send up a prayer. (((HUGS)))

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Happy T13! Great list :) Thanks for stopping by.

 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker