Thursday Thirteen - Being a WAHM

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Thursday, February 21, 2008 At 12:26 AM |


13 Things I've Learned from Being a WAHM

About Myself

  • 1. I need a maid, or at least a nanny to play with Hana whenever I need to work.
  • 2. I tend to eat a lot; these 3 months, I've gained 6,5 lbs!!!
  • 3. I become too attached with my computer.
  • 4. I'd prefer working--in my case it's writing or blogging--than cooking.

--------------

About Me and Hubby

  • 5. We work in separate PCs now--he also works at home, and we don't miss each other that much anymore.
  • 6. We chat! Yeah, we use YM to send kisses and some funny talks or links...in a way, it's romantic, and it's also fun because it's like there is a space between us.
  • 7. We become more like friends than husband and wife.

--------------

About Hana

  • 8. She's smarter than I thought.
  • 9. Seeing her growing up each day amazes me a lot. She is tall!
  • 10. We can talk. I thought she would never listened, but she did. If she's feeling upset, I let her cry for awhile, then after that we talk about it and I love it.
  • 11. She is good in negotiating. She knows what to say or offer to get what she wants.
  • 12. I might homeschool yet only in English, not in other subjects. She understands some English words and phrases now--English is not the language used in my country, Indonesia.
  • 13. She has a great imagination. Whenever someone asks her if she wants to have a younger sibling or not, she says, "I already have one, his name is Kemal and he lives in the UK, now." So, who's cheating, me or hubby...in the UK?! Sounds like fun! ;D

Labels: , , , , ,

for this post

 
Blogger SJ Reidhead Says:

You sound like you stay busy.

SJR
The Pink Flamingo

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

I'd love to work from home!

 
 
Blogger Di Says:

A maid is the most wonderful thing in the world. I've had someone clean my house much of the time, but I fantasize about having Alice from the Brady Bunch...a live-in maid who prepares food, does laundry, etc.

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Very cool. 'sounds like you have a system and stay productive.

 
 
Blogger HLiza Says:

I wish..I wish I can be like you..boo hoo. Hey, got my e-mail? i've updated you.

 
 
Blogger SandyCarlson Says:

I'm with you on needing a maid and preferring writing to cooking! God bless.

 
 
Blogger Melanie Says:

you are a busy woman! i so understand the eating part..good grief!!

 
 
Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried Says:

Yeah, I can relate to those first parts... the Tour Manager and I talk via IM or e-mail when we're both in the house. I always laugh; it seems so pathetic when we've both got voices.

 
 
Blogger Open Grove Claudia Says:

Boy, good for you for finding a balance for yourself, your husband and your child. I bet that take a lot of work. You inspire!

Happy TT!

 
 
Blogger Dane Bramage Says:

You have far more discipline than I could muster.

Well its number 68 for me this week. I answer 13 More Questions from the 100 Question Meme. Stop by if you get a chance.

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

You definitely have a lot on your plate! Kudos on still getting things done!

~X

 
 
Blogger HLiza Says:

There..I had re-sent the e-mail. Check your mailbox!

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

I could so use a maid too!

happy TT

 
 
Blogger Bloggers Says:

I also need a maid and I know the feeling about gaining weight!!! I had lost the weight after having my son and then it has gotten cold and I cannot GO like I like too and I have gained it all right back. My 13 is about how to treat yourself instead of grabbing sweets. Working at home mom

 
 
Blogger Dallas Meow Says:

can she teach me some negotiation skills?

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

I like your #1! I think just about any SAHM would agree with you. It's definitely a challenge to simply get everyday activities and chores done while being a mom. It's much more difficult than most people think.

 
 
Blogger Barbara Says:

Your family sounds so nice! And, my husband and I used to sit side by side, computing, and we sent notes to one another, too. It is sweet. Now, I do my computing mostly on my laptop in the Den and he is in the computer room. We still occasionally send notes to one another, but mostly, we talk back and forth on a radio. :) Nice to keep in touch. (grin) Great TT! Come visit me.

 
 
Blogger Chelle Y. Says:

They grow up quickly, don't they?

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

I'm a WAHM, too --I need a maid/nanny as well!! I'm also too attached to my computer and am constantly seeking balance! Great list!

 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker