The Pursuit of Happyness: A Review from the Heart

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Sunday, December 23, 2007 At 4:43 PM |

I've just been crying for about two hours. Thanks to a very beautiful movie, The Pursuit of Happyness.

I might be the last person on earth watching this movie. But, it's better late than never. My best friend Nonie told me to watch it, it was almost 4 months ago (or more, I forgot). But, I kept postponing until today.

And, I'm glad that I did watch it, today...not earlier, not later.

It was simply the right time for me. It touched me most today. And, I believe that it wouldn't have touched me as much should I had watched earlier--or later.

I bet, I don't have to tell you all about the story. You all might have known it by heart.

Maybe these lines, too. But, I need to write them down. For myself. For me. I need them. And, who knows? Maybe some of you need them as well...

Christopher Gardner: Hey. Don't ever let somebody tell you... You can't do something. Not even me. All right?

'Lil Christopher: All right.

Christopher Gardner: You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period.

and

'Lil Christopher: Hey dad, you wanna hear something funny? There was a man who was drowning, and a boat came, and the man on the boat said "Do you need help?" and the man said "God will save me". Then another boat came and he tried to help him, but he said "God will save me", then he drowned and went to Heaven. Then the man told God, "God, why didn't you save me?" and God said "I sent you two boats, you dummy!"

Labels: ,

for this post

 
Blogger LadyNoor Says:

I love this movie, too. I also didn't get a chance to watch it until months later :p
I have many overdues on my must-be-watched-movies list :p

 
 
Blogger Joyce Says:

Very sweet, Nadiah! Now, I must watch this movie, too. Thank you for your review. :)

 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker