Back to Normal

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Tuesday, May 29, 2007 At 11:33 AM |

After spending a week in sorrow and being totally busy helping my mother in law preparing the wedding of her son (my husband’s youngest brother), now, I’m considered back to normal life.

Let me explain the sorrow…it started when the printing house doing my book made an unnecessary mistake that lead them to reprint the whole books. That meant I couldn’t publish the book on my birthday. I was kinda frustrated, I have to admit. I was extremely disappointed.

Then, I was foolishly expecting something that I shouldn’t have (not related to my book at all, it’s another stuff). And, when it seemed like the thing wouldn’t happen, I got very disappointed again.

And, worst, I had been ill the whole week. I couldn’t stop coughing again and again. I couldn’t sleep well.

Such a sad week, wasn’t it?

Now, about the wedding. It was fun. It’s just I wasn’t at my best condition. Both physically and mentally. I should’ve done more than what I’d done.

And that whole week, I didn’t touch the translation project. Well, I should’ve but I just didn’t have the energy.

But now, I’m being my robust strong-willed energetic self again. Thank God.

It started last Sunday when I was reading La Tahzan, Don't Be Sad, a book by DR Aidh Abdullah Al-Qarni. I recommend that book to anyone willing to get rid of gloom.

It helped me. It’ll help you.

Now, will you excuse me, I need to get back to work!

Labels: ,

for this post

 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Congratulations on publishing your novel. When will it be out?

Missed you too.

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

Hi!

Thank you...it's out already, actually

:D

*that's why I have to to blogwalk ;D

 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker