Belated Thursday 13 - Books, again...

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Friday, December 15, 2006 At 12:35 PM |

A library sold their collections just now, and I bought many books with at least 70% discount! :D

Here are 13 of those books:

  1. Arranged Marriage: Stories by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

  2. The Mistress of Spices by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

  3. Queen of Dreams by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

  4. The Vine of Desire by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni (1-4 are Divakaruni's, it's simply because I like her writings and I'm a book collector who dream to have my own library, one day)

  5. Letters to a Young Novelist by Mario Vargas Llosa (I'd love to get letters from a great writer)

  6. Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding (I have the 1st one, this is the 2nd one, remember, I'm a book collector, so even if I've watched both the movies, I'd love to have the printed story :D)

  7. The Lottie Project by Jacqueline Wilson (I collect Wilson's books)

  8. Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson (I like it when Patterson writes a non-mysterical book)

  9. World of Pies: A Novel by Karen Stolz (I fell in love with its cover)

  10. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Book 4) by JK Rowling (I bought it at only US$ 1, yippie!)

  11. Jazz (Contemporary Fiction, Plume) by Toni Morrison

  12. The Bluest Eye (Oprah's Book Club) by Toni Morrison (It's my first time reading Morisson's but from a review, this Nobel Prize Winner's writings are great)

  13. Cosmopolitan Girls: A Novel by Charlotte Burley, Lyah Beth Leflore (this book was meant to be a birthday present for a friend, but I kinda like it, too. We'll see if I finally keep it and get my friend another gift or I give it to her :D)
I know, I'm late...terribly late.

But if you still would like to join TT, check this one out.

Labels:

for this post

 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

I would love to read a Toni Morrison Book. Hte Oprah books I have read so far have been great

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

My mother says that Toni Morrison is very descriptive. She's recommended the author to me several times as an example since I struggle with that in my own writing.

Very cool about the bargain shopping. :)

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

#8 was good!

 
 
Blogger HLiza Says:

Wow that Harry Potter book is so cheap! I bought it at 5 times the price when it came out! Wish I can come over to your house and borrow some books..

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

It sounds like you got some awesome deals - good for you!

Happy TT!

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

oooww how nice! where did you get them all? I want them toooo

Otty

sorry with my whining... I always go crazy with book sale

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

:D Yup, I got so lucky with the bargain.

Wanna borrow books? Come to my place, Liz :D

I bought them all at LIMMA, Otty. You still can get some great books 'til the end of this month.
:D

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

:D Yup, I got so lucky with the bargain.

Wanna borrow books? Come to my place, Liz :D

I bought them all at LIMMA, Otty. You still can get some great books 'til the end of this month.
:D

 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker