Ready to Cook?

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Friday, January 11, 2008 At 1:04 AM |

I have to admit, I'm not a good cook. But, I have two reasons:

  1. Mom's always doing the cooking and she cooks very well.
  2. I don't have the right tool to help me.

The second one is the big issue, actually. I haven't had my own house--now I live in my grandparents' home until someone is ready to replace me. So, I am still using my GrandMa's cooking tools--for my rarely cooking schedule.

But, know what...there is one specific tool that I wish I had. Especially since I have lots of things to do--taking care of the family, the house, working (remember, I work at home, too).

What is it?

It's a crock pot! For those living abroad, it's quite popular, especially in the 70's--yet, now, people seem to need them more for their being busy the whole day. Yet, for the Indonesians, it doesn't seem that famous--or it's just me being left behind.

However, let me explain first what a crock pot is. It's an electric pot used for slowly cooking a meal. It is a necessity in a home where the cook has little time and wants a home-cooked meal. All you have to do is add the ingredients in the morning, turn on the heat setting required, and when you come home dinner is served--or before you sleep the day before and have a wonderful breakfast or lunch the next day!

Isn't it wonderful to cook in such a simple way?

I think, if I have my own house someday and I need to do lots of cooking, a crock pot will be on my must-have-list of kitchen appliances.

Labels: ,

for this post

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker