Girls in a "Serious" Meeting

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Friday, January 25, 2008 At 7:08 PM |



Yup, it was indeed serious...

This afternoon, I went to my friend's house--the friend who gave me the fashion writing job. Frankly speaking, I was kinda freaked out. As I said, she is a perfectionist. I was afraid that my writing didn't meet her standard.

But, she said, she loved it. And, alhamdulillah, there will be more projects ahead.

Yet, it's not about the projects that excited me most. It's about how the meeting was held!

She told me the good news and the plans ahead in her bedroom, in her bed, surrounded by her two pretty funny daughters who kept trying to get her attention---which was fun! We sat and lay in her bed--chitchatted in between serious conversations and some diagrams she made. It was merrier after her high school friend--I'm her elementary school pal who became her best friend--who also works for her came over and joined us.

It was the coolest meeting I've ever had. And even better, this friend of hers brought one package of onion crispy chips along with the yummy spicy sauce. For me, it was more like a party than a meeting!

Labels: , , ,

for this post

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker