Jewelry for Me

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Sunday, November 18, 2007 At 12:46 AM |

I'm not the kind of woman who gets crazy over jewelry. I mean, any jewelry. I would fall deeply in love with certain types of jewelry. Only those which are simple, elegant and fit me.

I have several of them. Yet, I only keep some that have certain memories. For example, my engagement and wedding rings (I would be crazy to let them go--yet there are some who have no choice but letting them go for several reasons), bracelets given by my Granpa, Grandma and Mother in law, some other rings from my Great Grandma, Grandma and Mom.

What about the rest? To be honest, I had to let them go. I didn't use them much. But, they become very usefel whenever I need some extra cash.

Like the day after tomorrow, there is a chance I might need to go to the pawnshop. I plan to buy a laptop tomorrow. But, I don't have enough money. So, I borrow some of my husband's capital--he's doing some computer business, hardware to be exact. And my hubby has to close a deal the day after tomorrow and he needs the money.

Actually, I might get some payments from my translation projects some time in early December but I don't think I can wait that long. Besides, the laptop I might be buying tomorrow is quite inexpensive--I'll be buying a second one, but the seller said that it was in a very good condition.

Back to the pawnshop. I will have to let go some of the memorable jewelries I mentioned earlier, at least only for a certain time. Soon after I get the payment, I will get them back. I don't think I can lose them. They're much too meaningful for me.

I still have some desires over some jewelry. I think it woould be a ring (I looove rings better than any other jewelries) with a small diamond over a very simple and elegant design of white gold or platinum (I prefer them than the yellow one). Hopefully, one day, I will afford one. Something I can bequeath my daughter.

Jewelry, for me, it's more like a beautiful memory instead of the symbol of wealth.

Labels: ,

for this post

 
Blogger HLiza Says:

You're so much like me..but I do wish for some platinum pieces one day..I love rings too!

 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker