Being a WAHM or Freelancer Is Not Easy

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Friday, November 09, 2007 At 12:04 AM |

I have a friend who has been working at home as a freelancer for quite some time. She once complained that nobody understood the essence of WORKING at home.

It's not like you simply sit down nicely at home and do nothing. NO. Not like that at all!

Just like other worker, you have jobs to do.

But, what people seem to see is only the fact that she doesn't go anywhere--and they make a conclusion: she must have nothing to do.

When she told me how annoyed she was with those people's thought, I was like...'ooh?'

But now, I completely understand.

I might be at home, but I also have jobs to do--in between my errands and taking care of my baby Hana (her nanny decided to quit last Tuesday).

So, please...people...understand us more, WAHM. We are making money at home, so, it means, we have jobs to accomplish.

Labels: ,

for this post

 
Blogger Atasha Says:

Personally, I think being a WAHM is harder that working outside the house in a few aspects. For one you have to have more discipline. You still have to get the job done but you have so many other distractions. I wonder if I could do it with a child or 2 around?

 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker