Life Begins at...

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Wednesday, July 25, 2007 At 3:50 PM |

30, at least for me.

"30 is not a number I'd like to celebrate."

That was my response to some of my closest friends who sent me sms, e-mail or called me on my birthday.

But then, I thought it over. It still might not be a number I'd like to celebrate, but a number I'd like to feel grateful about.

In this age of 30, there have been so many things happening in my life. Some that kinda shocked me, made me cry, made me feel desperate and totally down. But there are also some that made me smile, made me laugh, made me feel loved and beyond happy. And some others made me contemplate, made the spiritual side of mine kinda grow.

They also changed my point of view, how I look at things, how I see people, how I understand this world, this life, how I think about myself.

Isn't it wonderful? Isn't it beautiful?

Yes, I know, I admit that some are too painful. Yet, I could learn from them. Learn from my own mistakes, my own experiences, also from others' mistakes, other's experiences.

I'm still trying to step forward for I'm responsible for my own life, my daughter's life, and my family's life.

30, the number is not over yet. It's even a very beginning of--hopefully--many giant steps I'll be taking in the future. I still am not celebrating that number. Yet, I'm thankful that I could reach it and can learn a lot during the period of time. Hope when the examinations are finally over, I'll be able to pass with flying colors.

Amin.

Labels: , ,

for this post

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker