What would I do?

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Monday, May 07, 2007 At 4:42 PM |

I’ve just learned it from my own experience.

Whenever I am kinda blocked up while doing my translation job, I always stop. Sometimes I push myself…but then, I would decide to just stop.

But hey, don’t think that I would give up. Coz I won’t.

There are always 2 options:

  • Either I simply close the file, exit the program, shut down my computer, then go to sleep, and the next morning, I would wake up, turn it on, open the file, try to unclog it…
  • Or I open another file…mostly it would be my writing (fictions or blog posts—like now ;-))…jot down a few words…then I would go back to the previous file…try to find the right meaning of the phrase…

And…guess what…I always can figure out how to put those difficult phrases into another version of language.

So, what’s the moral of the above discovery?

Just don’t give up. Even if you think you need to stop. Do it. Take your time. But, going back and finding a way out of your trouble would be the best thing you can do for yourself.

Labels: ,

for this post

 
Blogger ime' Says:

heheheheh... actually, i always do the same thing :)

kadang-kadang kalo' mentok, ya gue juggling, lebih sering sih ke gym. kebanyakan duduk terus ngeli'at'in komputer nggak sehat juga lageeehh ;)

just make some moves to ease your muscles and brain ;)

 
 
Blogger Quadrangle Says:

Yeah...let's move!

:-)

 
 
Blogger Molly Says:

Hello, I am blog-hopping this morning. You have given some good advice. I like your keyboard picture.

 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker