Floods in Jakarta

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Friday, February 02, 2007 At 4:27 PM |

Yesterday it rained heavily. There were thunders, too. My baby Hana is scared of thunders so it was hard for her to sleep. So, my hubby, Hana, and I were still awake until about 11 pm. But, after Hana slept, hubby and I couldn't sleep either.

Hubby turned on both radio and TV to get us updated with the lastest news on the rain and floods.

Yes, floods were everywhere in Jakarta. Thank God, my house is located in a higher area and far from river. So, my family are ok.

But, some people in Jakarta are suffering from floods. Many houses are filled with water. The streets, too. Not only they can't sleep in the house, but some others can't go to office or school.

Here are some news that you can check out:

Heavy Rain Threatens Jakarta

Evictions coincide with torrential rain

Floods inundate Jakarta, causing traffic chaos

Labels:

for this post

 
Blogger Heart of Rachel Says:

I'm very sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to those people affected by the storm. We experienced flooding last year too. I'm glad to hear that your family is safe.

 
 
Blogger Devi Girsang, MD Says:

hi Nad, seems that you don't have any problem with blackout or internet disruption. so lucky. :)

hopefully the rains become more friendly with jakarta right away.

 
 
Blogger sunnyday Says:

I wasn't aware it was raining hard in your country. In the Philippines, temperatures have been low but no rain.

Glad to know you and your family are safe.

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

i've heard some people have gone days without food because they trap in their flooded house/neighbourhood...
some were forced to spend night in buses. others were rescued from trapped trains...
i'm glad to hear your family okay, mine too...
-intan-

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

=Rachel=
Thanks so much, Rachel.

=Devi=
I hope so, too, Dev. Thank God I didn't have any problem with blackout. But my MIL did (or does? I need to check out)

=SunnyDay=
Thanks. I heard in Singapore, it's very windy, too.

=Intan=
Thanks, Intan. It still goes on 'til now.

 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker