Can You Tell Anything to Anyone?

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Monday, January 08, 2007 At 1:35 PM |

As I grow older, I learn that you cannot tell anything to anyone. You have to choose what can be talked about with this person and what cannot with that person.

I used to talk almost about anything to anyone. About my feelings, my thoughts, my life.

But...now, I kinda limit it.

I still talk about stuff to some people. But there are things that I'd rather keep for myself or for closest ones only.

I also try not to comment much when others share their stories. Who knows, they can't accept my opinion (even if they ask me to give one).

Labels:

for this post

 
Blogger Atasha Says:

Something I have learned myself, which is probably why I hardly have any girlfriends. I have one girlfriend that I went to highschool with who still lives in NY and as far as I know she is the only one who appreciates my honesty. I have told her what I think when she asks for my opinion and she is my best friend because she accepts it. She may not like what I have to say though. I can tell her anything and I know it stays right there. Even though I have moved we are still close and chat by phone and email.

I have always had more male friends that ladies. Ladies tend to gossip more and talk your business. Too much confusion. It's sad really. (and this is just my opinion)

And regarding commenting when others ask for your opinion: It's hard sometimes but I tell them exactly what I think. Yes some cannot accept it but remember they did ask for "your" opinion.

My attitude may stink to some but honestly why would someone ask you for your opinion if they cannot take what you have to say? As they say the truth hurts right? Hey, you can't please everyone.

Woo! what a lengthy comment :-)

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

I always looooove your lengthy comment :D

Yeah, right...in a way, girlfriends are more difficult to handle.

*Suddenly I'm wondering: I might also be difficult to handle*

Waaaksss!

 
 
Blogger Atasha Says:

Ha! You're so funny :-)

 
 
 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker