I Consider Starting My Own Business

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Friday, December 22, 2006 At 4:58 PM |

My contract with the company will end next February. After that, I haven't decided what I'll be doing.

My Dad told me to just find another job. My MIL suggested trying my luck in starting a business.

One or 2 years back, I would just do what Dad advised me to. But now, things change. I'd like to try my MIL's advice.

I've learned the possibility and I think I can do that. I've also been doing researches. I think I even can start in the beginning of 2007.

Yet, I still need more advices. I mean, it's my first time being an entrepreneur, running a business, eventhough it's small. There are worries, of course.

But, they won't stop me. To overcome the fear and worries, I have checked out some sites that can give me ideas or advices on running the business.

Thankfully, I found this great site offering free advice for small business owners. It really enriches me with information and stuff regarding a business.

So, I think, next year, you can start calling me Business Woman.

Labels: ,

for this post

 
Blogger HLiza Says:

Aduh jealousnya...I had always wanted to have my own business..but don't know what to sell..no capital..no courage! Good luck to you, I'm proud of you girl.

 
 
Blogger Sophisticated Writer Says:

Why wait till next year? I'll start calling you that now. I really like your thinking. Wishing you all the best :)

 
 
Blogger sunnyday Says:

All the best on your plan to go into business! What a coincidence...I'm not exactly a person with business sense and I jumped into it just this month. I really didn't know what I was getting into, but I did it just the same. I don't even bake (well, now I do) and the people who ordered my baked treats are quite satisfied. Plus, it was fun to scout around for different kinds of Christmas packaging. But next time I will be more prepared!

You can do it! And it's great that you're reading up on those tips about being an entrepreneur =)

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

I don't know how to sell either. But, I'm learning now, Liz.

This year (which is ending very soon) is the preparation. Next year is the operation.

I'm thinking about food business too other than the business I'm about to run now.

Thanks and good luck!

:D

 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker