Business is business, isn't it?

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Thursday, December 07, 2006 At 1:19 PM |

If it is, then why I felt guilty saying it to a prospective buyer of my family’s property?

The property belonged to my GrandMa. When she could make decisions of her own, when she was totally healthy, she sold some of it by not thinking that business was business. If she knew that the buyer was not too wealthy, then she would give a very low price. She was indeed extremely generous.

But now, she’s gone. All the property are taken care by her children. They’re not selling any of it yet. But a buyer came last night and wanted to buy some of it. But…his price was like 20% of the real price! So, I, who accompanied my Mom said, “Business is business, Sir.

But then…after he left our house, I kept remembering my GrandMa and how generous she was. And, I felt guilty for being strict to that guy.

So, I was asking my self…is business business, or is it something else?

for this post

 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Can we say business is business "sometimes" or to an extent? Maybe it depends on the circumstances.

You feel guilty because you're not a greedy person who is all about money. But at the same time, I don't think 20% of the real price, to me atleast, is just unacceptable and that is why I think you turned down the offer.

I'm not saying that you have to sell it for 180% of what it's worth and run off with tremendous profits, but maybe a more reasonable deal could be struck. I mean you don't want to "GIVE" the property away. You have a family too you know.

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

Thanks, girl, your comment is really comforting.

:D

 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker