Self-Publishing? I Think I Will Try...

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Wednesday, November 29, 2006 At 3:29 PM |

I have sent one of my writings (a novel) to a publisher but they gave no response after 7 months, so I took it back.

And, now...the idea to try self-publishing really gets into my mind.

Thank God, my boss has several books that can help me learn more how to publish my own book(s). I've asked his permission to borrow them.

Here are his collections:
I know, I was supposed to put the pic of those books, it would be a better post. But, I really don't have the time and energy to save them in the server then re-uploaded or sumthin' like that.

My babyHana came with me to the office this morning since up 'til now, we can't find a nanny or maid to take care of her at home while I work (the one who promised to come will show up only this Friday) and my Mom had to attend a funeral of a relative whose husband happens to be my Dad's best friend.

Usually, one of them would stay at home to babysit my Hana. But the two of them had to attend the funeral.

I was supposed to come, too. But, bringing Hana would be a disaster.

BTW, please let me know if you have tried self-publishing, OK? Thanks a bunch!

for this post

 
 
Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried Says:

Ooh, don't do it! It may give you a book that much faster, but a lot of the traditional publishers won't take you terribly seriously once you've done it.

Better to take the time, find a critique group or partner (I don't even use writers for mine, just readers), and keep on improving. It'll be worth it in the end.

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

I heard/read negative things about self-publishing when I wanted to self-publish years ago so I decided to wait for the right publisher or agent. It is better, Nadiah. And I agree with Susan :-)

 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker