Gotta Make a Big Decision (AGAIN)

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Tuesday, November 21, 2006 At 2:10 PM |


I've just got a news from my boss that the end of this month would be the last day all of us can work as the shareholders decided to set the company off.

I wasn't surprised. I mean, that's how business goes. On and off.

But what I don't like is that I've gotta be between the lines again. I have to make a decision whether to work from home and write or work for another company.

By being a writer, I can work from home. This I like. But, it might give me trouble for I have no fixed income. On the contrary, by working for another company, I will surely get a fixed income but I might not have the time to finish my writing.

Duh!

And, I'm not a good decision maker!

for this post

 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Eeek! I'm sorry to hear but I am a true believer of everything happening for a reason. Maybe this will open new doors and a better opportunity.

My first job, where I met my husband, the owners did the same thing. Only difference was they came in on a work day, at night, when most had left, I was still there and told us to pack up and leave. No warning and many of us had no back up plan.

Good Luck in whatever you chose. That's a tough one.

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

UH! poor girl!
I wouldn't have to make that decision! Just try to make a list with the Pro and Con's.
Maybe that'll help you!

By the way: I added you to my blogroll.
Can you in your link just switch "Sonny's Hello Kitty" into "Sonny's Sweet Kitty"? I don't know if hello kitty is maybe forbidden coz of trademark...

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

Thanks, Atasha. It is a tough one.

Sweet Kitty, I'll change it right away. And, thanks for the advice, will try.

:D

 
 
Blogger Gattina Says:

It' s not funny to loose its job but it also depends on your age. If I were you I would look for another fix income, so working for another company, if you are over 50, I would stay home. In any way you can finish that book then if you don't have time now. But children also grow and then they need you less and less that means more time for you !

 
 
Blogger Melissa H. Says:

Yi! Changing jobs is never fun. I wish you the best with everything you're facing.

WW: Princess Cake

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

Thanks Gattina and Melissa...

I'm sending appications anyway just to give it a try. But, actually so far, I think I'd rather stay at home and try some businesses.

 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker