Monday Madness

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Monday, October 09, 2006 At 12:09 PM |

1. From amaranth:
Name three people you would pick (and why) if you could choose who to be stranded on a deserted island with.

My hubby, my daughter, my mom, all to cheer me up. But, I believe they also get a chance to pick 3 other people and I bet they would love to bring our whole family so we can have a party in the new non-deserted Island. :D

2. From julie:
What is your favorite genre of film and what is your favorite movie from that genre?

Romantic-Comedy! There are many of them, but what's in my mind now it's "50 First Dates"

3. From tiffany:
Which country would you like to visit and why?

I believe I can pick more than one, right? I'd like to visit Saudi Arabia so I can do my haj. Then, I'd also like to visit UK, France, Netherland, Italy (since I can speak the languages). Next it's US, since my hubby really wants to visit the big country, and I'd like to go to the place where the Gilmore Girls and Dawson from Dawson's Creek live in. Those seem to be a great place to spend your life in. Oh yes, one more country...Yemen! 'Coz my ancestors are from that country.

4. From wil:
What are you driving these days? What's it's (their) good and bad points? Would you buy another one, and why or why not?

I don't drive. I almost hit a bajaj once and it scared me to death. BTW, bajaj is like a cab but it's small and the engine is not a car's engine, it's a vespa's. It's originated from India but it's a famous transportation in my country.

5. From cindy swanson:
"Lost," "24," or both?

My answer previously: I don't get the question...please explain! (dumb & dumber kinda look)

My answer after being told by Atasha that both are TV shows: Haven't watched any of them (Thanks, Atasha!)

6. From lady starlight:
You've been very good this year. What should Santa bring you for Christmas? (the sky is the limit)

Hm...is Santa sending me gifts, too? Well, if he does, I simply ask for a DVD player (mine was sold 'coz I needed the money about 1.5 year ago) and ALL THE BOOKS EVER PUBLISHED IN THIS WORLD (AND IN ANOTHER WORLD, IF ANY) :D

THESE PEOPLE LOVE MONDAY MADNESS, TOO!

for this post

 
Blogger Atasha Says:

Oh the answer to your question on #5. Those are TV shows. I've never seen them myself but some moms I know look at them that is the only reason I know. I don't watch those shows.

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

Hahahaa...silly me...

I haven't watched any of them, maybe because none of the TV stations in my country buy them.

Thanks for the info, Atasha...

 
 
Blogger sharba Says:

WOW!! You seem to be a VERY interesting person! I think it's very cool that you are a published author! And all those languages??!! I'm glad I visited your site! I'll be back!

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

Hi Sharba,

Thank you.

Yet, I have a confession to make. I did learn those languages. But, I'm only confident with my English and French. Dutch and Italian, I think I might be ok with the daily conversation or to shop (you know, when you travel, you shop a lot right?) since I know the numbers. But, I'm not that confident with the last 2 languages.

;D

And, I only got 4 shor stories published in 2 magazines in my country. Still trying all I might to get my novel published.

Hm...

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

...

Hope you still find me interesting tho'

:D

 
 
Blogger Jane Says:

Don't worry about not getting that question....it is not important!
That bajaj is really cute!
My madness is posted, come on by.

 
 
Blogger Julie Says:

Love 50 first dates too. That car looks cool. Wish we had those here:) Have a great Monday

 
 
Blogger Pittchick Says:

I've never seen those TV shows, either. Happy Monday.

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Wow, I think it's wonderful to know several languages.

I've seen a handful of bajaj here but I never knew what it's called until you mentioned it. I've learned something new today. Thanks.

rach

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Oh, that would be a great gift from Santa. :) I've been to Saudi Arabia because my father worked there through the U.N. for many years (we're not Muslim) and it was a very different experience.

I've never seen Lost or 24 either.

Have a good week. :)

 
 
Blogger sherle Says:

Nadiah, You are delightful!!! Your blog is so pretty and bright. Loved your answers and would love to read your short stories!

I think it would be fun to have a bajaj to get around in the city here in the U.S... wouldn't be very safe for the highways I think.. your choice of people to join you on a deserted island is PERFECT!!!

 
 
Blogger Unknown Says:

I loved all your answers!
I hope you are having a wonderful Monday!

 
 
Blogger She-Schenker Says:

Don't worry about not being able to watch those shows. You're not missing anything great. I don't like either of them!

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

Hi all,

Thanks for your lovely comments. About the bajaj, it's a great way of transportation. It's just it's a bit noisy and it might shake you while you're in it since the engine is quite funny.

 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker