Looking for a Cafe in Paris

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Wednesday, October 18, 2006 At 4:43 PM |

No, I'm not visiting the city (yet). I hope I will but still don't know when.

My quest is simply for my novel. I wrote a novel with settings in Jakarta and Paris. I have asked a dear friend to check the novel out and give her comment on it. And she did.

And, just like what I thought...she critisized me on the setting, especially the one in Paris. She said, she was hoping to get a full view on how the cafes are in the city of Eiffel Tower. She wished to feel like being in one while reading my novel. So, she suggested me to make a research on how the cafes there are.

With this Ramadhan, my GrandMa's passing and my future long leaves (I'll be taking 2 weeks of leaves during Iedul Fitri since my daughter's nanny is going back to her hometown for Idul Fitri celebration) that's been making me do some tasks earlier, I had no time doing the research.

But, today, I did it anyway, in between my being extremely busy with my job. Of course, then, I did my research in google. I found some that I was interested in and have bookmarked them.

Hopefully, I'll get the chance to review them one by one and start editing my novel's setting during my leaves.

BTW, if you think you can give me a slightly tiny idea of how the cafes in Paris are, I'd be delighted to be informed. You can e-mail me (at nuts_is_good at yahoo.com) or simply comment on this post. Too bad my novel is in Indonesia so you can't get the idea how badly I described the cafe there.

Yeah, I know...I'm a silly writer trying to describe something I'm not familiar with. But...I believe there are some of my fellow bloggers who can help me out with this.

Thanks in advance!

for this post

 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Hi Nadiah. Good luck on the novel you are writing. Sorry I couldn't help you 'coz I haven't been to Paris myself.

I hope you can find good resources for your novel.

Btw, hope you don't mind, I tagged you on my blog. Hope you'll enjoy the questions.

Take care,
Rach

 
 
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD Says:

You're lucky to have a good friend who tells you what's good and not. I would like to help you too but unfortunately I have never been to Paris so I really don't know what cafes look like there.
Thanks for passing by.

 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker