My Firts Translation: Ocean Sea, a Novel by Alessandro Baricco

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Monday, September 04, 2006 At 2:44 PM |

My first experience on translating a novel. I enjoyed it eventho it wasn't an easy job to do since the genre is absurd. The writer, Baricco, uses symbols and amazing words that couldn't be understood if you read it only once.

Ocean Sea, it was as huge as the ocean. Complicated, indeed. Not to mention, deep and thoughtful.

I did all my best. Yet, there are plenty of editings. I hope that enrich the Indonesian version and even correct my mistakes in translating this best-seller novel.

Can't wait to see the other 2 novels I translated.

for this post

 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Way to go Nad! congratulation! I'll try to find it and read it :)

otty (http://daunjeruk.net)

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

:D thanks so much, Otty...

BTW, I did take a look at ur greeny blog...I like it. :D

Thanks for sharing the link.

 
 
Blogger Atasha Says:

Oh man, I wish I had time to read. I use to read so much up until I was pregnant with my son then time seemed to disappear. At night, like now when it's quiet I always find something else to do like clean which I think I will get a move on now. The kitchen is a horror.

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

I bet you don't have that much of a time. Even I--who only had 1 child-find it difficult to find time of my own. I do my reading when BabyHana's sleeping, and of course, whe her daddy's also sleeping.

 
 
Blogger Unknown Says:

Thanks for my very first comment! I wanted to come and check out your site and I must say I'm really impressed! Congrats on the translation. I love to read and am always looking for a good book ~ when I can find the time! :) Thanks again...can't wait to get to know you better!

Janene

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

Krajcimama, I also can't wait to get to know you...

Come one, write more so I can read more :D

 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker