Why Can't You Just Be Thankful, Nad!

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Friday, August 18, 2006 At 7:08 PM |

Lately, I've been complaining a lot about a lot of things in my life. That makes my life seem terribly miserable. Lack of this and lack of that.

But then, my mom told me her story when visiting a relative with a very sad condition of life. And, this afternoon I met someone who also shared her sad story.

Zap! Suddenly I felt so ashamed of myself.

How could I complain so much while there are dozens of people out there who can't even know what to eat today?

Actually, I've been blaming it on my hormones. I've been taking birth control pills. And, my feeling miserable, I thought, was hormonal, caused by the pills.

But then, now, I realized. It's not always about the pills. It's also about me. I'm just not thankful enough!

And, I'm ashamed.

And, I made a promise. To be a better person.

Life is NEVER easy. But, it's your thought that can make it simpler.

for this post

 
Blogger K Says:

It is easy to start complaining about little things in life! I need to remember to be more thankful for everything I have, every day!!

Thank you visiting my site! :)

 
 
Blogger Atasha Says:

Oh so true! So very true. Since I posted something very similar to this a while back, I have actually started to be a little better about the complaining. But sometimes I just can't help it. It's hard sometimes, especially when I don't get enough sleep and my body aches. We're human so don't be too hard on yourself.
I am thankful for everyday that I have even when it seems rotten. All I have to do is look at my babies and the feeling goes away. I have shelter, food and love in my home. So I'll try to remember that, always

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

=my2cents=
ur welcome...my pleasure...we all need to remember that actually :D

=atasha=
yes, ur right...we're just human. That what makes it hard.

 
 
Blogger Matthew May Says:

Nadiah, I think it is great to realize how good we have it compared to some people but I also think it is okay sometimes to feel down about something in your life, we will always find someone who has it worse but we must take care of ourselves as well. :)

Thank you for your comment on my blog.

 
 
Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom Says:

My pleasure, Matt.

You have such a nice blog.

Thanks too for visiting :D

 

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker