Why Can't I Read Non-Fiction Fast?

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Monday, August 14, 2006 At 12:02 PM |

Since July, I've been reading this good book about Hello Kitty and Sanrio business. It's obviously a non-fiction book. I borrowed it from my boss who happens to have tons of good books placed in the office.

So, everytime I had spare time (read=time when my baby and hubby sleeps and I'm not in front of my laptop), I took the book and read it. The content is very interesting. It gives me tons of knowledge about the cutie trend and culture in Japan. And, how the business was build. And, the ups and downs of this Japanese business in US.

But...it's been a month and I haven't finished the book! That's actually not so surprising since I almost always need centuries to finish a non-fiction book.

Last week end I finished and in just 2 days! Both books are fictions.

My reading speed to non-fiction and fiction seem to be different. A lot different, apparently.

I think that what makes me kinda decide not to get my master degree. I don't like reading text book. I think, one day, I'll just take a writing course. The 3 or 6 months one. Wondering if there's any scholarship on that one. 'Coz I don't think I can afford it. I'd like to have it abroad.

BTW, I've been editing my novel, the one I took back from the publisher. Thanks to those books above, I got back my spirit.

I also have been writing a kids novel. :D

If any of you would like to take a look at some of my short stories, please feel free to visit http://myfictionstories.blogspot.com and let me know what you think.

Have a nice MONDAY!

for this post

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker