How 'Short' is Your Story?

By Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom On Thursday, March 09, 2006 At 3:59 PM |

From a writing web on short story, I found some tips on how to write a good short story:

1. Have a clear theme.
2. An effective short story covers a very short time span.
3. Don't have too many characters.
4. Make every word count.
5. Focus.

I think I have followed tips no. 1, 2, 3, 5 but it seemed that I missed the point no. 4. Frankly speaking, it's not easy to write only meaningful words. When I write, sometimes, I just let my self free. And it's not always easy to stop my self :D.

So, now, I have to learn to watch out the words that I use in my short story.

What about you? How do you write your short story? Any of the 5 above is your way to write your short story?

Have a nice writing...

for this post

Leave a Reply

eXTReMe Tracker